This wildlife sanctuary was made possible by the estate of Elizabeth S. Bonham who, prior to her death, requested that the latter portion of her name be used. The Conservation Society dedicated the sanctuary in her memory, May 17, 1977.
On October 18, 1968, the Spencer Farm was purchased and renovations and construction was begun to make it a center for study and research of wildlife in that area. The site abounds in a variety of birds and wildlife native to York County, as well as migratory birds.
An exhibit of mounts by Robert Gemmill, taxidermist, occupies one of the rooms. There is also a meeting room or workshop area for use by students and researchers. Use of the sanctuary center is by permission only. Contact Matthew or Michelle Posey at 717.495.1759 for more information.